It seems like every third recipe that I post has something to do with chocolate. I really am a bit of a chocolate fanatic. Not just any chocolate, but real, dark, high quality chocolate. If the chocolate is good enough, I can even eat it with no added sugar. Just the pure goodness of chocolate……….
Sorry, zoned off a little there. Seriously though, I really think there are three things in the world that make everything better: bacon, coconut oil, and chocolate. (As a side note, coconut oil spread on a chocolate bar is a delicious snack.) I love that I can add healthy foods like coconut and chia seed in with cocoa to create a delicious and fairly guilt-free dessert.
When Mom asked me what these cookies were, I said they were chocolate coconut chia almond butter macaroons. She told me that title was too long, and that I should just call them Ultimate Macaroons. So I added the word chocolate in there and decided it was perfect.
These are really addictive. I’ve decided that if I just eat the large crumbs that I broke off during the photo shoot, the don’t have any calories. Self-deception is a powerful thing.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 16 cookies
- Allergens : chocolate, egg, FODMAP, nut, sugar
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, 1 cup coconut flakes, chia seeds, coconut oil, and salt. Process for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and buttery. (The chia seeds will stay whole.)
- Scrape the nut butter into a mixing bowl. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl with the nut butter and mix very well.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop tablespoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!