One of my favorite Christmas presents that I received was a spiral veggie cutter! I haven’t gotten the chance to make a ton of things with it, but I did make these yummy plantain egg muffins; actually for Christmas morning!
The spiralized plantains in these plantain egg muffins cook up crispy like little hash browns, and the bacon is sooo good! These are the perfect little on the go protein-fat-carb packages that you can make ahead!
Enjoy this easy recipe and be on the lookout for more spiralizer recipes; there’s a chance I’ll go crazy with veggie noodles!!
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 2 green plantains, peeled and spiralized
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin.
- Cook the diced bacon until it starts to crisp up; add the plantain "noodles" and cook until crisp.
- Divide mixture between 8 muffin cups.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper and pour over plantains and bacon in muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes.
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.