When I was a kid learning to cook, strata was the one dish that never really made sense to me. Like why add a bunch of bread to an already delicious egg casserole recipe? It always seemed like a source of unnecessary carbs and an extra filler ingredient.
That is until I tried Fox Hill Kitchens low carb bread at Paleo f(x)! Seriously this stuff is downright amazing; fluffy, and bready, light, and and oh sooooo good!! They were kind enough to send me some of their bread and I set to work low-carb-ifying breakfast strata.
And suddenly it all clicked; strata is like a savory bread pudding crossed with breakfast casserole, and it’s amazingly delicious. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cubed [url href=”http://foxhillkitchens.com/” target=”_blank”]Fox Hill Kitchen bread[/url]
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In an 8″x8″ glass baking dish, spread the cubed bread, onion, and olives.
- Saute the kale in the coconut oil until tender and spread over the bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and garlic powder; pour over bread and veggies.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.