I had quite the time making this recipe. The first test batch that I made I forgot to put any sort of oil in, so the waffles with quite dry. And twice I accidentally dumped in Penzey’s Galena Street Rub spice mix (which is very savory) instead of cinnamon! Needless to say, when I finally finished perfecting this recipe, I had used almost an entire can of pumpkin and we were clean out of eggs (and as a result, we had no eggs for breakfast this morning).
But it was entirely worth it because now I have a 5-minute, one-bowl, single serving waffle recipe that I will be making as soon as the egg shelf in our fridge gets restocked! This waffle is super-easy and super-fluffy. I love it with a pat of butter and some extra sliced bananas!
- 1/2 green-tipped banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HDI5O8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000HDI5O8&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=EXTFUQUSBJYHA5KI” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]pumpkin puree[/url]
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UN7PI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002UN7PI&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=AKVQ4L7LHVRVEKN6″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]vanilla extract[/url]
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I only recommend [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KENKZ8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000KENKZ8&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=2TDXBOEMM6RHFIIA” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]this one[/url] and [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSZBEAG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BSZBEAG&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=2SG2GHNYDSVUD362″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]this one[/url])
- 2 teaspoons [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VNEICQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001VNEICQ&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=U27YKCN6VZKA3HO2″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]cinnamon[/url]
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- Mash the banana in a bowl and mix in the egg, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Plop in the middle of a preheated waffle iron and cook per manufacturer’s instructions.
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.