I hope everyone had a wonderful and memorable and Christmas! Christmas is my favorite holiday of all time. I had a couple more Christmas posts planned, but what with all the festivities it just didn’t happen.
One of my favorite Christmas presents was a doughnut pan, and I simply had to cook with it immediately! So I was making paleo chocolate doughnuts on Christmas day. That’s just how Heather rolls.
I am in love with my new doughnut pan because it is so easy to use! The paleo chocolate doughnuts puffed up beautifully and came right out of the pan; no sticking at all!
These cakey paleo chocolate doughnuts are the perfect treat; if you make them in a mini doughnut pan they would be great for a New Year’s party!
- tapioca starch - 1/3 cup
- arrowroot starch - 1/4 cup
- coconut flour - 1/3 cup
- eggs - 3
- coconut oil - 1/3 cup, melted
- maple syrup - 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- canned full-fat coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- raw cacao powder - 1/4 cup
- pure vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- salt - pinch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a medium-sized doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tapioca flour, arrowroot, and coconut flour with spoon.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well - no lumps.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared doughnut pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test.