I’m just going to say this before anyone else does:
Now Inside Out is one of my favorite movies (and that line is probably my favorite), but I don’t live in San Francisco, and here in rural Wisconsin, you can pay a lot of money at a pizza place for a chicken broccoli alfredo pizza, and it’s many people’s favorite pizza variety.
My brother, who doesn’t love veggies, gobbled up this pizza like no tomorrow; seriously I think the entire pizza was gone in 20 minutes. My mother said it was one of the best things she’s eaten on the 21DSD so far! This pizza is surprisingly delicious, and I think you and your family will love it!
You’d never know that the creamy alfredo is free of dairy, and the chicken and veggies make this a delicious, hearty meal.
The crust of this pizza is nut-free, crisp and soft at the same time, and holds up very well. So if you completely agree with Anger from Inside out, feel free to top this pizza with whatever you’d like.
But me? I like my broccoli.
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut flour (I only recommend this one and this one)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup lightly steamed broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the coconut oil.
- Add the tapioca, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Flour the dough with some extra coconut flour and pat the dough out on the cookie sheet to 12" round.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and tapioca to make a roux.
- Whisk in the coconut cream and cook until thickened.
- Spread the crust with the sauce (you may not use it all) and top with chicken, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before slicing (the sauce will have better texture).