Happy Easter everyone! Sorry the blog has been a bit slow lately; I’ve been hard at work on the cookbook!
I am obsessed with mug muffins. I really feel like there is no end to what you can do with them. They also have healthy protein and fat from the egg, so they’re fairly nutritious. I whipped up this muffin this morning for breakfast and Mom was begging me for a bite while I was trying to photograph it. Go figure.
My sister Julia also loves mug muffins. She went through a stage when all she wanted for breakfast was chocolate mug cake. Yum…
[Tweet “2-minute banana bread mug muffin…Super-easy and so delicious; perfect with butter or nut butter.”]
Shared at Fight Back Friday
- Make sure to use a very ripe banana. The kind you wouldn’t eat straight but which is perfect for baking.
- You could probably change up this recipe a bit by using 1/4 cup applesauce in place of the banana, but I haven’t tried it yet.
- If you want to make this recipe nut-free, you could probably used some coconut butter in place of the almond butter.
- Add some cocoa powder if you want a banana chocolate muffin!
- Mash banana in a small bowl. Whisk in egg and coconut milk.
- Stir in almond butter.
- Stir in coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar.
- Scoop into a large coffee cup or small ramekin and microwave on high (100 percent power) for about 90 seconds.
- Let cool and few seconds and enjoy!