I love nut butter. Definitely too much. My favorite way to eat it is straight from the spoon, or spread on dark chocolate.
I really enjoy creating new delicious twists on nut butter. This variation is made with one of my favorite nuts, pecans, and ghee, because ghee is awesome. Plus a bit of maple syrup and unrefined sea salt. The result is nut butter perfection.
Nut butter is really easy to make in your food processor. It takes a while to turn to pecan butter, so patience is needed, but the end result is more than worth it.
Shared at Fat Tuesday
Where to find:
- raw pecans - 2 cups
- salt - 1/3 teaspoon
- ghee - 3 tablespoons, melted
- maple syrup - 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon - 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place pecans on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring 2-3 times.
- Place the toasted pecans in a food processor and add the remaining ingredients.
- Process, scraping the sides of the food processor periodically, until smooth and buttery (5-15 minutes, depending on your food processor)