Today is day 4 on my first-ever 21 Day Sugar Detox! I have had a ton of energy and felt really good; although I woke up this morning craving pancakes. So I had pumpkin pancakes made with egg, pumpkin, and coconut flour for breakfast! So yummy!
I had to get up at 4:30 yesterday and I usually feel really tired all day when I have to do that, but I felt strangely energetic and alive most of the day; it’s amazing when you realized how bad sugar was making you feel!
So now let’s talk about brownies because I really cannot go a whole three weeks without brownies. So what to do? Well I love making “food-free food”, so I made sugar detox friendly brownies that are free of both nuts and seeds (except for cacao).
These are considered a “not-sweet treat”, so def not something to eat all the time on a sugar detox, but they are just enough to satisfy that brownie craving!!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 8"x8" glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the eggs, coconut oil, coconut butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cacao powder, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy.