Today is day 8 of my 21 Day Sugar Detox, and I’ve been craving something bready! I have a lot of yummy paleo bread recipes already, but I wanted something that was 21DSD approved that I could make sandwiches with; this recipe was the result!
This is still categorized as a “not-sweet treat” on the detox so definitely not something to eat with every meal, but it saved me when I was hungry and just wanted bread with butter! It’s fluffy and soft and absolutely perfect. I love how well it slices!
I made a loaf of this a few days ago and wrapped up the leftovers in plastic wrap and have been keeping it in the fridge. It keeps really well that way; so make a loaf today to have it throughout the week!
The other thing I love about this recipe is that it requires only one bowl and no rising time since it’s yeast-free! Everyone that has tried it has loved this bread; it doesn’t taste like a paleo “compromise” food at all; it’s amazing!
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (here's how to make your own)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (I only recommend this one and this one), 1/2 cup for psyllium-free version
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder (no substitutions), or 1/3 cup tapioca starch for psyllium-free version
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a medium-sized loaf pan. (The bread only rises into a perfect "loaf" shape with a 7.5"x3.5" loaf pan; I use Magic Line brand)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the coconut oil and coconut butter.
- Add the coconut flour, psyllium, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
There are 2 net g of carbs in each slice of bread made with psyllium.
There are 6.4 net g of carbs in each slice of bread made with tapioca (psyllium-free version)
Nutrition data calculated for bread made with psyllium.
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.