Ah February. For most, this is the month of Valentine’s day, but for my family, it’s also the month of birthdays! It’s my birthday this month, by brother’s, my sister’s, my dad’s, my grandma’s, my cousin’s, and even our dog’s! So the fact that it’s also Valentine’s is a bit of an afterthought in our house.
But thankfully chocolate desserts, a staple on Valentine’s Day, are also an awesome birthday treat! We almost always have some kind of chocolate cake at our family birthday party.
It’s on the heels of January and my first-ever 21 Day Sugar Detox, so I’m working to keep my sugar intake a little bit lower. This recipe is perfect because it’s moist, cakey, and fluffy while also being free of added sugars; stevia is the only sweetener!
Hope you like these chocolate muffins as much as I do! They’d be the perfect Valentine’s or birthday treat, especially with some whipped coconut cream!
- 3 large eggs (use 4 eggs if your eggs are small)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 20-30 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (I only like Bob's andAnthony's)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a muffin pan.
- Whisk the eggs with the butter, coconut cream, vanilla, and stevia.
- Add the cocoa, coconut flour, psyllium, and salt.
- Mix in baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Divide between 5 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition data calculated with butter as the fat.