Lots of amazing things are happening in my neck of the woods! I can’t tell you about everything yet, but here are two things that I am ready to shout to the world:
1) I am on Instagram!! It’s officially my new favorite social network. If you want to see a behind-the-scenes part of my blog, come follow me!
And I also made this delicious biscotti. Someone asked me to make cassava flour biscotti. It’s taken a couple of tries but nailed it and now you guys get to make it! Behold.. paleo lemon biscotti!
These cookies are delightfully crispy and delicious, and I made some yummy glaze to drizzle on top. I actually make the double the glaze and mixed the rest with coconut and cocoa powder and made no-bake cookies, but that’s another blog post…
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you.
- eggs - 3
- coconut oil - 1/3 cup, melted
- maple syrup - 1/2 cup
- lemon juice - 1/3 cup
- cassava flour - 1 to 1-1/3 cup
- coconut flour - 1/3 cup
- fine coconut flakes - 1/2 cup
- poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
- baking soda - pinch
- coconut cream - 1/4 cup, softened
- coconut oil - 1/8 cup, melted
- maple syrup - 1/8 cup
- lemon juice - 1/2 tablespoon
- vanilla extract - 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking sheet with some coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Stir in the flours, poppy seeds, and baking soda.
- Form the dough into a long loaf on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees and slice the cookie loaf into thin slices and lay them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely before glazing.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over and biscotti.