A ton has happened in the last couple of weeks. My book has come out, I’ve hosted a couple guest posts, I’ve guest posted, and I’ve been on Low Carb Conversations (listen here if you haven’t yet)! Life is crazy amazing.
All the craziness is also making me a little silly:
Anyway, we up to our ears in cucumbers over here. We picked eight from our garden yesterday, and I am quite sure there are at least eight more still out there waiting for us. Then Mom went to the farmer’s market and picked up 4 pound of cukes. Love you Mom.
In a desperate attempt to keep up with the cucumber onslaught, I decided to make a salad with them. This salad (along with five cups of cucumbers!) was gone within 24 hours. It’s that delicious.
This recipe is so fresh, creamy and delicious. I actually based it loosely off of a potato salad; incorporating dill, mayo, and vinegar for flavorings. So you can have all the potato salad flavors, without as many carbs!
The recipe is also perfect for hot weather; it’s so refreshing.
- Use medium-sized cucumbers for this recipe; not too large or the seeds will be obtrusive.
- An amazing recipe for paleo mayo can be found here.
- This salad is best eaten the day it is made.
- cucumbers - 5 cups peeled and sliced
- tomatoes - 2 medium, sliced
- onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- black olives - 1/3 cup sliced
- olive oil mayonaise - 3 tablespoons
- dried dill - 1 tablespoon
- garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
- raw apple cider vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- salt - to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the veggies.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat.