I remember when I was probably 6 years old we were building our new house and living with our grandparents while we were doing so. Every once in a while for a special treat Grandma would get though little mini vanilla doughnuts for us to enjoy with breakfast; they were so delicious!
These vanilla doughnuts are my paleo and low-carb version of that favorite breakfast treat. They are fluffy and vanilla-y with yummy cinnamon sugar on top. They’re perfect with a cup or three of black coffee!
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 20-25 drops liquid stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cashew milk or coconut milk for nut-free
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour (I recommend Bob's or Anthony's)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the butter or coconut oil, stevia, vanilla, and cashew milk or coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Divide between 5 donut baking "cups" in the donut pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the pan and brush with butter or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the date sugar or erythritol and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over donuts.
Net carbs when recipe is made with erythritol = 2.4 g.
Net carbs when recipe is made with date sugar = 5.4 g.
"Carbs" from erythritol are not included in nutrition data because erythritol doesn't really effect blood glucose. If you don't use erythritol, date sugar or coconut sugar makes a very nice topping for these donuts.
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.