Apple crumble. So easy, but arguably one of the most delicious desserts. Perfect topped with coconut cream and served with hot coffee. I ate this for breakfast this morning. Don’t tell anyone 🙂
This apple crumble is also AIP-friendly, so no eggs, nuts, nightshades, or seeds. But it’s still delicious!
Shared at Fat Tuesday
Also shared at Pennywise Platter
And at Allergy Free Wednesdays
And at Fight Back Fridays
And at AIP Recipe Roundtable
- granny smith apples – 6, peeled and thinly sliced
- pure maple syrup – 3 tablespoons
- ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- unsweetened coconut flakes – 3/4 cup
- coconut oil – 2 tablespoons, melted
- pure maple syrup – 1 tablespoon
- ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- ground ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the apples in an 8×8 inch glass baking dish.
- Add in the maple syrup and cinnamon and toss together.
- To a mini food processor, add the coconut flakes, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Pulse until well combined. (You can also do this is a bowl and stir together with a fork)
- Crumble the topping all over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for another 20 minutes.