Once upon a time, I bought a gummy bear mold with intentions to make homemade gummy bears. But when the mold came I realized I had no gelatin. But I’d already spent a whopping $10.89 of my hard-earned cash, so I had to do something with this mold while I waited for my Vital Proteins gelatin to arrive.
And because chocolate fixes everything (or something like that), I knew this problem could be solved with some chocolate fat bombs. So I painstakingly calculated how much fat bomb batter I would need to make to fill each of the 50 bear cavities, and set to work. Either I stayed up too late last night (I did; 1 am) or I am paying the price for not doing math my senior year of high school (didn’t need to; did trig as a junior). Because the recipe actually made 150 mini bears! Actually the recipe probably makes more like 200 but I got sick of filling molds….
So now I have #chocolatefatbombsfordayzzz. But I’m not complaining, because these are seriously delicious. I was still hungry this morning after eating 2 fried eggs, so I ate a few of these and they’ve kept me satisfied for hours.
I recommend that you get a gummy bear mold; not just for this recipe but for the gummy bears that I will eventually make when I get my gelatin!
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B3COTYM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00B3COTYM&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=EP5BF4K2Q2DDEETO” target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url], melted
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice (I used [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012T7FMEA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B012T7FMEA&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=AGYTGUZCVNF6DVYQ” target=”_blank”]pecan butter[/url])
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F7SU63G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00F7SU63G&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=SA6YOVZB44RJE6VR” target=”_blank”]cocoa powder[/url]
- 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P0LW66/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005P0LW66&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=TVECCMVWT74BDTBG” target=”_blank”]maple syrup[/url] (or stevia to taste for sugar-free)
- 1 teaspoon v[url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM6EEDI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DM6EEDI&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=Q3FY45WCS74ASOXG” target=”_blank”]anilla extract[/url]
- Pinch [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BD0SDU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000BD0SDU&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=E4BBBYYCDBY5WRQU” target=”_blank”]salt[/url]
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into gummy bear molds (will have to do in batches) or other mold of choice.
- Freeze until set and pop out of molds.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.