The first time I tried these cookies I added some coconut flour. The resulting cookies was too tough. I decided to go with 100% cassava flour; go big or go home!
The cassava flour chocolate chip cookie results were astounding. Not to brag or anything… but WOW. My family is picky when it comes to cookies. They gobbled these up in a couple hours and asked me for more.
If you can tolerate dairy, these cassava flour chocolate chip cookies are also delicious made with butter instead of coconut oil.
Disclaimer: If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you.
Where to buy:
- coconut oil - 1/3 cup, softened
- honey or maple syrup - 1/2 cup
- egg yolks - 2
- unsweetened applesauce - 2 tablespoons
- cassava flour - 3/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- dark chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Cream together the coconut oil and honey or maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Stir in the egg yolks and applesauce.
- Add the cassava flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet and flatten out a bit.
- Bake for 20 minutes.