I have the best memories of making whole-wheat sugar cookies with Grandma before I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I loved to eat the dough; so yummy! Last year I made some almond flour sugar cookies that were so delicious. This year though, I know that so many people can’t eat nuts, eggs, or seeds. Everybody deserves a sugar cookie cutout at Christmas time – so here is the recipe!
You’d never know that these are free of eggs, grains, nuts, and seeds. They are a little bit crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, like a good sugar cookie should be.
These didn’t last long in our house, and they won’t in yours either!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0108Y1QPU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0108Y1QPU&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=RZ7K67R3E3VCJDO5″ target=”_blank”]coconut oil[/url] (solid, not melted)
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005P0LW66/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005P0LW66&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=4A5DKAVBF3OPJDCR” target=”_blank”]maple syrup[/url]
- 1/2 green-tipped banana
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YF99GM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000YF99GM&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=X33B4QOEGGZN7BW7″ target=”_blank”]coconut flour[/url]
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KUWFL6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001KUWFL6&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=ENETFEHMUU34DR2W” target=”_blank”]tapioca starch[/url]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Powdered [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TSPMEI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004TSPMEI&linkCode=as2&tag=coituppa-20&linkId=UTAHTQRDSEOKCPET” target=”_blank”]maple sugar[/url] or tapioca starch, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with some coconut oil.
- Cream together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mash in the banana and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut flour, tapioca starch, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut as desired. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy. (Dust with powdered sugar or tapioca starch if you like)
If you buy something through one of the links in my sidebars or posts, I may receive a small commission to support my blogging activities, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Shared at Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable