I love lemon in any form. When I was little my grandma would make lemon loaf cake. Lemonade was always my jam. Now I like lemon water, but I thought I’d mix it up a little and make scones!
These amazing scones are egg-free but you’d never know it. They’re luscious and lemony with a creamy frosting. The egg-free magic is brought to you by plantain flour, one of my favorite flours for eggless baking! It works perfectly and the results are always great.
Make these amazing scones for high tea!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid, not melted)
- 1 green-tipped banana
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plantain flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I only recommend Bob's and Anthony's)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Mash the banana with the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Add the plantain flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Form into a 1/2" thick disk on the baking sheet and cut into 6 triangles.
- Bake for 25-0 minutes.
- Mix all frosting ingredients.
- Frost cooled scones (You may not use all the frosting)
Shared at Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable