I’m not even sure that I need to say anything about this recipe. But because I’m told it’s good for search engines, here goes: These AIP banana bread doughnuts with creamy frosting are DA BOMB and you definitely cannot tell that they are free of grains, nuts, seeds, and (drumroll please)… EGGS! These fluffy doughnuts rise nicely without the help of any eggs!
I also love that there are no “weird” ingredients in these; coconut flour and tapioca starch are readily available at almost every health food store. Coconut milk is even available from most big-box grocery stores.
Did I mention that these amazingly fluffy and soft doughnuts are also vegan?! No gelatin in sight here! They’re also free of added sugars to make them sugar detox approved (don’t worry; I have included a tested variation for making them sweeter).
Stop sitting there and go make these!!
- 2 green-tipped bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I only recommend Bob's and Anthony's)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a standard-sized doughnut pan.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and mix in the coconut cream, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the tapioca, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Divide between 5 doughnut "cups" in the doughnut pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Stir together all frosting ingredients and frost doughnuts.
- Doughnuts are best served after being chilled for a couple of hours (better texture).
Even if not on a sugar detox, it is very important to use green-tipped bananas in this recipe because they are what is replacing eggs. This is not your typical overripe banana recipe!
Shared at Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable